The simple answer is NO.. I have heard this prophecy for years and whilst the business has changed to meet this challenge, many agents are expanding. The truth is that ALL good estate agents are internet estate agents these days, some just have the added bonus of an office and the benefits that go with it. In fact, Your Moves’s web ranking is higher than many internet agents, We aren’t described as internet agents simply because it’s not the only place we do business. I was shown a website of an 'internet agent' today. It was simply a homepage and a link to their properties on Rightmove and Findaproperty. This is little more than a notice board or online dating model. This ... [More]
I have been happily married to my wife Lindsay for over six years. We currently have one daughter called Eve, who is 14 months old and keeping us on our toes!
I have been working for Your Move Chris Stonock for nearly two years after a short time working in architecture. I started off as a Sales Consultant in the Durham Branch and have now progressed to Sales Manager of the Low Fell Branch and I am really enjoying the challenge.
My first job...
During my A-Levels I worked part-time as a Sales Consultant at House of Fraser on the electrical department.
My dream job...
I always wanted to be a Formula One dri... [More]
1 Add an accent colour
Using accessories, you can easily and cheaply add an accent colour to any room. You don’t have to spend much – sometimes less is more. A cushion or two, a vase, candles ... you get the idea.
... to ensure a successful mix, I treat cushions, trimming, lampshades and other accessories as the shoes and handbags of the home. The right shoes can really make an outfit - and equally, if you have the wrong shoes, you can feel old-fashioned in the smartest of suits. Nina Campbell
2 Dress Plain Walls
It's so easy to update your walls. Either add a decorative wall sticker, or hang some wall art, for an instant change.
“You may hang your walls with t... [More]
April is an exciting month in the garden as everything is growing, and the weather is improving.
Here's some jobs to do in the garden this month:
1. Start to prepare and plant hanging baskets with your favourite summer annuals from the end of the month.
2. Carry on removing moss and weeds from your borders, paths and terraces
3. Keep vulnerable plants and new shoots covered at night, just in case we get any late frosts
4. Deadhead daffodils and narcissi, but don’t cut off any leaves as they are required to replenish the bulb for next year.
5. Choose a warm day and paint sheds fences and trellis with wood preservative to keep them in tip-top condition.
6. Tomatoes a... [More]
Hopefully the weather will improve soon (fingers crossed), and we can start getting back outdoors again.
Spring is usually a busy time for gardeners, so we’ve compiled a list of some key gardening jobs to do in March.
1. Give the lawn a makeover, by raking it first to remove any winter leaves, and when dry, give it a haircut – but not too short!
2. Get your potatoes planted this month – remembering they like sun and rich fertile soil.
3. Spring flowers should now be appearing and they’ll need a bit of extra care – check they have enough water, and dead head any fading flowers.
4. Start preparing for the Summer, by planting your summer flowering bu... [More]